I’d like to pretend this project went so perfectly and what I’m about to describe did. However, I had 2 failed attempts at this project a year ago that led me here. But the good news is that you can learn from my mistakes! Once I figured out what to do, these were pretty easy to make in just an afternoon. The first time, I tried to make my own pattern (just like Pinterest told me to) and failed spectacularly. What did work was using this polar sock pattern that I bought at JoAnn Fabrics, since I couldn’t find a boot liner pattern. It is a pattern for thick, fleece socks that have the option of being made knee-high, which is what I chose. I made a men’s size that was a couple of sizes bigger than my shoe size but looked like it would fit inside my boot when I placed it on top of the pattern. I made the polar socks according to the pattern, except for the ribbed top. Then I put the socks on inside the boots and measured how much fabric would be needed to reach the top of the boot plus fold over times two. It is a lot easier to leave this cuff extra long and then shorten it, which is what I did. I just took the seam in gradually until it was long enough fold over the top of the boot with the right sized cuff. All in all, I think they turned out pretty great! I love the fabric and they’ve already come in useful sloshing through the snow and salt of the Wisconsin winter, while keeping my feet much warmer than before. I’d love to make some more boot liners in different colors and patterns—and see what you guys come up with too!